domingo, 12 de agosto de 2012

Ócio (cap. 2)


[1.10.2011, 'Bookmark', Bleeker St., NYC]

«Robert beckoned me to help him stand, and he faltered. "Patti", he said, "I'm dying. It's so painful."
He looked at me, his look of love and reproach. My love for him could not save him. His love for life could not save him. It was the first time that I truly knew he was going to die. He was suffering phisical torment no man should endure. He looked at me with such deep apology that it was unbearable and I burst into tears. He admonished me for that, but he put his arms around me. I tried to brighten, but it was too late. I had nothing more to give him but love.
I helped him to the couch. Mercifully, he did not cough, and he fell asleep wit his head on my shoulder.»

'Just Kids' - Patti Smith

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Are You talkin' to Me ?